Passport Name Change
It's free to update your passport provided you do so within one year of your wedding or divorce. Your passport will be updated with your new name, however the expiry date will remain as per your existing passport. If you have legally changed names, are reverting to your maiden name without divorce or have less than 2 years validity remaining you must apply for a 10 year replacement passport and full fees are payable.
Free service – keeping current expiry date
This is only available if you are changing your name within a year of your marriage or divorce order. Your passport expiry date will remain unchanged. Applications must be written on an original passport application form, which can be obtained at any Post Office. You are unable to complete your application online. All applicants will also need to lodge their application at the post office. Interview times can be arranged by calling 13 7678.
Renewing your passport for another 10 years
Pay the replacement fee and renew your passport for another 10 years by completing the application online. Always check online for the latest fees. If you prefer you can pick up a passport application form at a post office. You will also need to have a brief passport interview regardless if you choose to enter your details online or on a paper copy.
If you are legally changing your name you will need to renew your passport. The full fee is payable and no concessions are given for validity of your prior passport. Fill out your passport application at www.passport.gov.au
Got a whole lot of other companies to notify?
If you're changing names, chances are you have 15-20 other companies to notify. Let us provide you with everything you need; company specific name change forms, ready to send letters and faxes and comprehensive name change procedures for hundreds of Australian organisations. We also provide our name change guide which steps you through the process and a personalised checklist. We can even print it all and deliver to your door.
Change Your Name The Easy Way™
Whatever your reason for changing name Easy Name Change kits can help. We take the guess work out of knowing what to do next. Our customers can save about 4 hours of research and access hard to find information about name change. Don't delay - you can be on your way to changing your name in just 5 minutes.
- Choose Your Kit
- Printed & posted Receive all your name change documents by mail; letters, faxes forms, personalised checklist and the Easy Name Change Guide. We'll also include all the matching envelopes you'll need.
- Sent by email
- Easy Name Change Guide Our name change guide steps you though the process and explains the law. You won't be left guessing about anything!
- Government forms Forms for changing your name with SSA, getting your wedding certificate and more!
- 500+ companies We've researched the name change procedure for over 500 Australia organisations. Find out exactly what you need to do with each company, and receive any corresponding name change paprerwork.
- Personalised checklist
- Ready to send letters Letters are created in your name and contain your name change info. All you need to do is sign, add any listed documents, and post!
- Ready to send faxes Faxes are created in your name and contain your name change info. All you need to do is sign, add any listed documents, and fax!
- Company forms
- Money back guarantee Not happy for any reason? Expect a full refund within 30 days.