All the paperwork you'll need for
an easy name change
Standard Kit
(print at home)
Printed Kit
(we print and post)
Don't miss any paperwork with a selection of over 750 companies. Includes all state and federal forms.

Marriage Name Change

Need to change surnames?

Get all the information needed to change names here.

After marriage you can take your partner's surname in place of your own or in addition to your own. The only document you need as proof of your new name is your marriage certificate.

Start by applying for your marriage certificate

If you don't already have your marriage certificate, we can provide the application form. It's the only document you need to start changing names. Next, update government records. We also have forms and procedures for changing names on your driver's license, provincial health card, Social Insurance card and more. We can even help if you were married overseas.

Then notify all other companies

All companies need to be notified once you change names so that your accounts and memberships can be updated. We've got the name change procedures for over 600 Canadian organizations, including government agencies, insurance and phone companies, banks, credit cards and more. If you need to send in a form, letter or email, we provide it in your name, personalized and ready to send!

Risk free

Click the get started button on any of our kits below to see the hundreds of companies we cover - there's no charge to browse our database. If you're not happy for any reason we'll fully refund your purchase.