PayPal Name Change
PayPal allows name change only in certain situations. If you did not correctly set up your account, you can make small changes to correct your name, such as amending a typing error. If you've changed your name from marriage, divorce or by legal name change you will need to submit updated photo ID and/or proof of the name change. This process is managed online once logged into your PayPal account. It's best to have scanned copy of photo ID and your name change proof before starting.
- Log into your account. Click the 'profile' icon, near the logout button (the icon has an image of a cog).
- Your name is displayed at the top, click the edit link alongside.
- Next, you're required to give a reason. There are two options:
- Personal name change (marriage, divorce, legal)
- Incorrect at sign up or minor change
- You're taken to an upload screen and explained what documents are acceptable.
- For a change of name, you'll need to upload photo ID AND your marriage certificate or court order.
- Minor name changes may only need updated photo ID showing the correct spelling and order of your names. You may be able to change one or two characters in your name on the spot.
Need to change names anywhere else?
If you've been married, divorced or changed name by court order chances are you have a whole bunch of organizations to notify. Ourpersonalized kit helps you complete all state and federal forms, plus provides all necessary name change documents for over a thousand organizations, such as insurance, banks and credit cards. Save yourself the hassle of knowing what paperwork to send to what address and and all the necessary proof of name change.