PayPal Name Change
PayPal allows name change only in certain situations. If you did not correctly set up your account, you can make small changes to correct your name, such as amending a typing error. If you’ve changed your name from marriage, divorce or by legal name change you will need to submit updated photo ID and proof of the name change. This process is managed online once logged into your PayPal account. It’s best to have scanned copy of photo ID and your name change proof before starting.
- Log into your account. From the ‘my account’ tab, select ‘profile’ from the drop down menu.
- Click ‘more options’
- Your name will be displayed, click the edit link alongside.
- Next, you’re required to give a reason. There’s two options:
- Personal name change (marriage, divorce, legal name change)
- Incorrect at sign up or minor change
- You’re taken to an upload screen and explained what documents are acceptable.
- For a change of name, you’ll need to provide photo ID AND your marriage certificate or court order.
- Minor name changes may only need updated photo ID showing the correct spelling and order of your names. You may be able to change one or two characters in your name on the spot.
Need to change names anywhere else?
If you've been married, divorced or changed name by court order you probably have about 15 organizations to notify. Our free kit provides all the state and federal government name change forms and procedures. Or save yourself the hassle of knowing what to send where with an Easy Name Change personalised kit - we provide all the company specific paperwork and full name change procedures for hundreds of companies.