Westpac Mortgage

Mortgage Name Change Procedure

The way you go about updating the name on your Westpac Mortgage can vary depending on your reason for the name change. If your name change is due to marriage, divorce or separation you don’t need to have your title updated, but you can still have your Westpac Mortgage correspondence addressed in your new name. You may choose to always leave your title under your prior name as you are always legally entitled to be known by either your birth name or married name. This will save you thousands of dollars on legal fees are refilling your title, as well as a massive saving in time and effort.

If you have legally changed names you must update your name on all records as soon as practical, and this includes updating your home loan and title deed.

We have detailed information on updating the name on your Westpac Mortgage, so you can save yourself the hassle of calling up, waiting on hold, and then writing any letters. You probably have about 15 other organisations to notify of your new name, so why not get all the name change information in one place? Our personalised name change kits provide you with detailed name change instructions from over 500 Australian organisations. If you need to send a letter or email, we write it for you and it contains all your name change information, pre-addressed and ready to send. If any of your nominated organisations need you to complete a special form, we also include it in your personalised kit.

See how much time we can save you!

1 Select companies   2 Complete forms  3 Sign & send!

So don’t bother waiting on hold getting name change procedures for your Westpac Mortgage. You could already be printing off ready to send name change notifications in the time it takes for someone to answer the phone.


Ready to change your name now?