How do I change names after divorce or separation?
It's easier than you think! You can start using your prior name now. As there is no 'registration' or legal change to your name on marriage, you can go back to your former name whenever you want, regardless of your marital status. You just need to get all your records updated.
What documents do I need?
All you need to do is prove the link between your married and former names. Your married name was only an assumed name, so you never lost the right to be known by your prior name.
How do I get my records updated?
Companies have a range of name change procedures, and we can provide them all for you. You may need to visit a branch, send an online request, form, letter or fax. We provide all this information and step you through the process. Just click the table below to get started.
- Choose Your Kit
- Printed & posted Receive all your name change documents by mail; letters, faxes forms, personalized checklist and the Easy Name Change Guide. We'll also include all the matching envelopes you'll need.
- Sent by email
- Easy Name Change Guide Our name change guide steps you though the process and explains the law. You won't be left guessing about anything!
- Government forms Forms for changing your SIN, health card, marriage certificate application and more!
- 500+ companies We’ve researched the name change procedures for over 600 Canadian organizations. Find out exactly what you need to do with each company, and receive any corresponding name change paprerwork.
- Personalized checklist
- Ready to send letters Letters are created in your name and contain your name change info. All you need to do is sign, add any listed documents, and post!
- Ready to send faxes Faxes are created in your name and contain your name change info. All you need to do is sign, add any listed documents, and fax!
- Company forms
- Money back guarantee Not happy for any reason? Expect a full refund within 30 days.