Name Change on Permanent Register of Electors

Name Change on Permanent Register of Electors

Name Change on Permanent Register of Electors

You do not need to notify Elections Canada of your new name as this information is provided to the agency throughout the year.

Some provincial agencies do not alter their electoral roll and keep all enrolments based on birth names.  Some provincial agencies keep enrolments updated with current names so they need to be notified soon after you change your name.

To learn your province's process for updating the permanent register of electors, click the link below and select your province from the list.


Need to change names anywhere else?

We've got name change procedures and forms for hundreds of Canadian companies. Click the button below and select all the places where you need to change names. We'll provide all the information you need.


The national permanent register of electors sources information throughout the year from a number of locations. You may proactively manage your enrolment too.

Considering Changing Names?

Save hours with a personalized name change kit
Guaranteed to save your hours, or your Money Back!
State & Federal agencies
  • Over 200 listings
  • Marriage certificate
  • Driver's license & DMV
  • Passport
Researched processes for;
  • Over 1,000 organizations
  • 12 company categories
  • Unlimited selections
  • Money back guarantee