IRS Name Change

IRS Name Change

If you have a social security card you do not need to update your name with the IRS as they get updated information directly from the Social Security Administration (SSA). 

Providing your Social Security details are current then the IRS will be aware of any name change. Be careful when completing your tax return and ensure it is under the same name as your Social Security Card or you will encounter problems.

It's easy to change your name with the SSA. Simply complete form SS-5, Application for a Social Security Card and attach the documents listed on the form. You can download form SS-5 from the Social Security website or nominate to receive it in your Easy Name Change kit.

For further information check the IRS website, or read the advice for changing your name with the IRS in the Easy Name Change guide, included with all kits. If you're ready to start changing names and want to receive ready to send letters, fax and all the special name change forms now we can help. We can provide comprehensive name change forms, letters and faxes for hundreds of Florida and national organisations. See who we cover here.

You do not need to update your name directly with the IRS after your marriage, divorce or legal name change. The IRS gets updated details from the SSA, so ensure your social security records have been updated.

Considering Changing Names?

Save hours with a personalized name change kit
Guaranteed to save you hours, or your money back!
State & Federal agencies
  • Over 200 listings
  • Marriage certificate
  • Driver's license & DMV
  • Passport
Researched processes for;
  • Over 1,000 organizations
  • 12 company categories
  • Unlimited selections
  • Money back guarantee