Marriage Name Change
Answers to the most common marriage name change questions
Around 80% of brides go onto change names after marriage, and there's a number of new name options available. Once you've decided to change names it's your responsibility to get all your accounts, identification and records updated It's free to browse our database and see who we can help you change names with!
Start with social security
Always make the SSA one of the first places to change names, as many other government agencies pull records from the SSA. Select 'Social Security' when building your kit and we'll provide the social security name change form.
Then other government records
Update your driver's license or state identity card, passport and any other government records you may hold. Take a few copies of your old ID as it usually needs to be surrendered and you may need to prove both your old and new names at some stage. We provide all government agency name change forms and procedures as part of our $20 basic kit.
Then the rest
You need to contact each company where you hold an account to request your name is changed. Our name change notification service provides ready to send letters and faxes where name change can be done in writing. If any companies have different procedures we explain what to do, saving your hours of waiting on hold and letter writing.
How can we help?
Get all our tips, advice and the free name change checklist in our Easy Name Change guide, included with all our kits. Need more information? Read up on how to change names after marriage and other useful articles to the right.
More Marriage Name Change Information
- Changing names in Colorado after marriage
- How do I change names after marriage in Florida?
- How do I change names after marriage in Illinois?
- How do I change names after marriage in Michigan?
- How do I change names after marriage in New York?
- How do I change names after marriage in Pennsylvania?
- How do I change names after marriage in Texas?
- Choose Your Kit
- Printed & posted Receive all your name change documents by mail. Delivery in 5 days
- Matching envelopes
- Sent by email
- Easy Name Change Guide Our name change guide steps you though the process and explains the law. You won't be left guessing about anything!
- Government forms Over 200 government agencies. We help you complete all the forms
- Company forms If any selected companies have a special form we provide it and help you complete it
- Ready to send letters Letters are created in your name and contain your name change info. All you need to do is sign, add any listed documents, and post!
- Ready to send faxes Faxes are created in your name and contain your name change info. All you need to do is sign, add any listed documents, and fax!
- Over 1000 companies We've researched the name change procedure for over 1000 American organizations. Find out exactly what you need to do with each company, and receive any corresponding name change paprerwork.
- Personalized checklist
- Money back guarantee Not happy for any reason? Expect a full refund within 60 days.
- Print & Post