Passport Name Change

Passport Name Change

Passport Name Change

Passports issued within the past 12 months

If your passport was issued within the past 12 months it is free to get a replacement passport in your new name. Applicants should complete form DS-5504. Start personalizing your form online via the link below. You can return the completed form by mail or in person at a passport acceptance facility. We explain filing instructions, how to pay the fee and more as part of our service. Choose all the other organizations you will also need to notify (eg: DMV, banks, credit cards and more). 

Download form DS-5504


Passports issued more than 12 months ago

If your valid passport was issued more than 12 months ago you are required to pay full renewal fees ($110 book, $30 card). Complete form DS-82 via the link below. Return your current passport, the completed form and a certified copy of your marriage certificate or name change order. Expedited service is available for an additional $60. As you need to send your passport and original documents, it's strongly recommended you use and a traceable delivery method. The passport agency recommends sending your application unfolded in a large weatherproof padded envelope.

Download form DS-82


Just married and still have years remaining on your passport?

There is no credit issued for any time remaining on your passport. If you don't want to be slugged for full passport renewal fees you may continue to use your current passport when travelling, providing the name on any associated bookings are an exact match with your passport name. Change the name in your passport when it comes due for renewal. 

  • You must ensure all associated travel bookings match the name on your passport.
  • Travel with proof of your name change in case you need to prove your identity.
  • This is only applicable to people changing their names from marriage.


Ready to start changing names now?

Already married or have a name change order? Let us help you complete all your state and federal name change forms. We have the name change procedures and paperwork for over 1,000 organizations, including banks, credit cards, utilities, loyalty clubs and hundreds more! We personalize your documents and deliver to you, so you can just sign and send. We'll let you know exactly what to do so you're not trawling the net for information or wasting hours on hold.



Can't document your name change?

If you've changed names, but don't have a court order or marriage certificate you may still be able to have a US passport issued in that name. For example, you may be divorced and didn't request an order to change names as part of your proceedings. You may be required to show that you have been using this different name for 5 years, so gather as much supporting evidence as you can.

Follow the same procedure and pay the same fees as for a first time applicant. Start by completing for DS-11 Application for a US passport via the button below. The exact proof documents accepted vary on a case by case basis. The more evidence you can show to support your claim, the more likely your new passport will be issued.

When selecting the US passport form in our system you may also select an unlimited number of state and federal name change forms, plus any number of other companies. We will provide you with all the necessary information and paperwork to change names with over a thousand organizations. Banks, credit cards, utilities, loyalty clubs, insurance and hundreds more. All our notifications come complete with mailing addresses, supporting document enclosures and step by step filing procedures. No guess work, no time wasted.

Download form DS-11


Have pending international travel?

If travelling within the next few months, book international travel under the name that currently appears in your passport. You may update your passport on your return. If time allows, you can apply for an updated passport before you travel but first check with the airline that a replacement ticket can be issued in your new name. A small fee may be payable.

If you make a booking in a name that does not yet appear in your passport you could experience complications if your passport does not arrive on time. Passports are delayed where forms are not filled out correctly, insufficient or incorrect supporting documents are submitted or fees do not clear. If you find yourself in this situation an airline is unlikely to change the name on your tickets and they may become invalid.


There’s a number of different forms, so be sure to complete the correct one based on your name change situation.

Considering Changing Names?

Save hours with a personalized name change kit
Guaranteed to save you hours, or your money back!
State & Federal agencies
  • Over 200 listings
  • Marriage certificate
  • Driver's license & DMV
  • Passport
Researched processes for;
  • Over 1,000 organizations
  • 12 company categories
  • Unlimited selections
  • Money back guarantee