PayPal Name Change
PayPal allows name change only in certain situations. If you did not correctly set up your account, you can make small changes to correct your name, such as amending a typing error. If you've changed your name from marriage, divorce or by legal name change you will need to submit updated photo ID and proof of the name change. This process is managed online once logged into your PayPal account. It's best to have scanned copy of photo ID and your name change proof before starting.
- Log into your account. Click the 'settings' icon, near the logout button (the icon has an image of a cog).
- Your name is displayed at the top, click the updated link alongside, then click 'update name'.
- Next, you're required to give a reason. There are two options:
- Marriage, divorce, legal
- Incorrect at sign up or minor change
- You're taken to an upload screen and explained what documents are acceptable.
- For a change of name, you'll need to upload photo ID AND your marriage certificate or court order.
- Minor name changes will need updated photo ID showing the correct spelling and order of your names plus a supporting document. You can make minor character changes on the spot.
Need to change names anywhere else?
If you've been married, divorced or changed name by court order then chances are you have a whole bunch of organizations to notify. Our personalized kit helps you complete all state and federal forms, plus provides all necessary name change documents for over a thousand organizations, such as insurance, banks and credit cards. Save yourself the hassle of knowing what paperwork to send to what address and what proof to include.
Considering Changing Names?
- Over 200 listings
- Marriage certificate
- Driver's license & DMV
- Over 1,000 organizations
- 12 company categories
- Unlimited selections
- Money back guarantee