M&T customers need to attend a branch in person to request a name change on their accounts, cards or mortgage. Take your orignal proof of name change (eg: marriage certificate or court order) and updated photo ID.
As you need updated photo ID, there are a few steps you will need to take before you can change names with M&T Bank:
- Purchase an Easy Name Change notification kit. This is optional, but you will save hours of waiting on hold, looking for forms and working out what to send where. Start here
- File the SSA name change form provided in your kit, or else look for the form online and file.
- Wait for proof your name has changed with the SSA
- Attend your state DMV in person. If your state has a form we provide it for you. Saving money with a DIY name change? Do the necessary research to find out what proof documents to take and if there is a form.
- Sign and send off all your Easy Name Change forms, letters and emails. This should take care of at least half the places you need to notify: utilities, loans, communications, insurance, passport and much more.
- Attend M&T Bank in person with your proof of name change and updated government photo ID.
Ready to change names? Click the button above and we walk you through our extensive database, step by step! All kits come with a 60 day money back guarantee, so why not see how much time we can save you!