TCF bank customers can visit any bank location in person to have their name updated. You’ll need to show updated photo ID, so change your name in this order:
- Buy an Easy Name Change kit. Yes, sure you can do it yourself and save a few bucks, but it will end up taking you many hours spread across several weeks as you research all the information, wait for answers, figure out who needs what ID, look for the forms, complete forms and write letters and emails. Phew!
- Complete the name change form for the SSA. It’s best to file in person. Otherwise you can send by mail with original identification documents. Choose SSA from our list of companies to get the name change form completed for you and provided in your pack.
- Wait a few days for the SSA name change to be visible to other agencies then attend your state DMV. We provide the form if your state has one! We also explain duplicate fees and what other documents may be required
- Attend TCF bank in person with your updated photo ID and original proof of name change (marriage certificate, divorce decree, name change order).
- The rest. This is actually the most time-consuming because each company is different. No need to call each one to research the procedure. We’ve done all the research for you! Follow our instructions to send in the form, letter or email. Just sign, add your proof of name change and send! For places where you can’t send in a notification, we explain where to send your proof of name change or how to update your settings online.
We’re so sure our name change notification kits will save you hours that we will refund your money if you’re unhappy for any reason!
See how much time we can save you!
1 Select companies 2 Complete forms 3 Sign & send!