If you have a Wells Fargo checking or savings account, attend any branch in person to change your name. Take your original marriage certificate, divorce decree or name change order. You also need to take updated photo ID, so you’ll need to follow the steps below before you can update your bank accounts:
- Buy an Easy Name Change kit. This will save you 8 hours of resarch and paperwork!
- File the SSA name change form. We explain how you can file by email or in person and what documents you need to provide.
- Wait for proof the SSA have changed your name, then attend your state DMV to update your driver or non-driver photo ID card. If your state has a form we provide it for you.
- Send off your Easy Name Change letters, forms and send the ready to forward emails.
- Attend to any name changes in person (eg: banks)
- Follow the instructions in the Easy Name Change checklist for any online name change. We explain where to find online name change form uploads for sites like PayPal, Netflix or Amazon.
Want a DIY name change?
If you have a spare 8 hours to wait on hold and chase information then you can manage your own name change! Make a comprehsive checklist of all the organizations you need to notify. This is typically 14 to 40+ different places. Contact each one to learn their name change process. If you need to send your request in writing ask for their mailing address or email. Ask what proof to include. Do they have a special form? Compelte forms, write letters and emails and send off. Follow any other insructions provided, such as logging into your account or visiting branches.