No matter if you are changing names from marriage, reverting to your former name or have legally changed names, you can change names on your Verizon Wireless account over the phone. Follow our steps for the fastest name change.
Chances are you have anywhere from 10 to over 30 different accounts to update, so it will take about a week to get all the information and paperwork together. Easy Name Change customers can cut this down to about 15 minutes. No matter how you go about your name change, there’s no way of getting around visiting some places in person.
- Get proof of your new name (eg: marriage certificate, divorce decree or court order)
- Buy an Easy Name Change kit and get ready to send forms, letters and emails. This takes 10minutes and will save you 8 hours! (Don’t want to pay? Then expect the following steps to take 8 hours across the next week or so)
- File the SSA name change form in person. You can send by mail but you’ll have to include original identification documents and it can take some time to get these back. Wait to receive confirmation the SSA has made the change.
- Take care of any name changes in person. This includes the DMV and most banks & credit unions.
- Call Verizon on 1.800.Verizon. Have your account number handy.
- Send off all Easy Name Change letters, forms and emails.
- Follow instructions in the Easy Name Change personalized checklist to take care of any places where you can’t send a request in writing. You may need to log some accounts to send a secure message, upload documents or locate hidden name change features! It’s all explained for each of your chosen companies in your personalized checklist.