Bank of Scotland (Banking) Name Change Procedure
If you hold a current or savings account with Bank of Scotland you should update your account information as soon as possible after your name change.
If you have legally changed names by deed poll, you must inform Bank of Scotland immediately. If you're changing your name after marriage, divorce or separation you are still legally entitled to be known by either your birth or married name, however it is always recommended your bank account records match your current identification, such as your driving licence or passport. We always recommend updating bank records as soon as practical after updating your photo ID.
When changing names, each organisation sets their own procedure as to what evidence they need to see and what steps you should follow. Institutions such as Bank of Scotland set more stringent requirements to document your name change because they hold your funds and can allow you to access credit. Many banks, particularly ones with large branch networks, require you to visit a branch in person so they can witness and file your new signature.
If you want to know how to change names with Bank of Scotland we can give you all the information you need, no need to wait on hold to find out yourself. If you need to send a letter, fax or form we'll provide it for you. If you need to update your insurance, ISP, phone and other records click the button below and select which companies you need, then we'll provide you with all the procedures and any corresponding forms and paperwork.
Change Your Name The Easy Way™
Whatever your reason for changing name Easy Name Change kits can help. We take the guess work out of knowing what to do next. Our customers can save about 4 hours of research and access hard to find information about name change. Don't delay - you can be on your way to changing your name in just 5 minutes.
- Choose Your Kit
- Documents certified We arrange JP certified copies of your identification
- Paperwork checked and lodged We check your forms are correct and lodge on your behalf
- Unlimited phone support Any questions, issues or problems, call us for advice.
- Email support Any questions, issues or problems, email or chat for advice.
- Printed & posted Receive all your paperwork by mail. Delivery typically within 5-8 days.
- Matching envelopes All the envelopes you need
- Ready to send forms, letters & emails Use our smart form technology to personalise your forms, letters & emails, then they’re ready to sign and send!
- Guide and checklist These step you through the entire process, with each company's process explained.
- Money back guarantee Not happy for any reason? Expect a full refund within 60 days.
- Print & Post