Updating your name with First Florida Bank? There’s a certain order to your name change, so follow the steps below:
- Get proof of your name change. If you are taking your spouse’s surname you only need your marriage certificate. Show your divorce order if you are reverting to your former name. Changes for any other reason require a legal name change.
- Got more than 5 companies to notify? Then save yourself 8 hours with an Easy Name Change kit. You’ll get step by step name change instructions plus all corresponding paperwork. In many cases you can attach your proof of name change and send!
- Visit Social Security in person to file the name change form we provide. Allow 2-3 days for the change to be visible to other agencies.
- Attend your state DMV in person with your original proof of name change and evidence of your name being changed with the SSA.
- Attend any First Florida bank in person. Most financial institutions need you to go in person so they can sight your proof of name change and updated photo ID. Check books and bank plastic cards can be updated at the same time.
- Set aside 10 minutes to send off all other name change notifications: utilities, credit cards, insurance policies, rewards clubs, professional associations and more. These notifications come in all Easy Name Change kits, otherwise contact each organization directly to learn their process, look for forms and complete paperwork. Customers managing their own name change should set aside about 6 to 8 hours for all remaining changes.
Want to manage your own name change?
If you don’t want to use an Easy Name Change kit then you’ll need to set aside many hours to do your own research and process paperwork. Use our customized checklist builder to find out which organizations you need to notify. It’s totally free and a great way to keep on top of your progress.
See how much time we can save you!
1 Select companies 2 Complete forms 3 Sign & send!