Legal Name Change
Answers to the most common legal name change questions
If you're not changing names from marriage or divorce, you need a legal name change order. This can only be granted by the court and fees vary greatly between states.
Do I need a legal name change?
By law you can be known by any name of your choosing. Just introduce yourself by your preferred name and have people refer to you by that name. If you want a name other than the one on your birth or marriage certificate to be on your legal documents, such as passport, drivers license and bank accounts, then you need a legal name change.
How do I legally change names?
You must apply at the court where you reside, pay a filing fee and wait for a hearing date. The exact process is different for each state. We explain more about how to legally change names here.
How do I get my records updated?
Easy Name Change is a notification service. Our name change notification database helps allows you to select which companies you want to change names with, then provides ready to send forms and letters. No waiting on hold, writing letters or waiting for forms to be delivered. Our kits will save you hours or your money back.
How can Easy Name Change help?
Our kits have hard to find name change forms and procedures for all US states including federal and state agencies and hundreds of companies. We'll provide you with the correct form and all your letters and faxes for each company. All our paperwork is personalized so you can just sign and send! Kits start from just $0 and have a money back guarantee, so you're sure to save hours.Are you a non-citizen? Want to know how long it takes and costs? Just read our articles on the right for more information.
More Legal Name Change Information
- How do I legally change names in California?
- How do I legally change names in Colorado?
- How do I legally change names in Florida?
- How do I legally change names in Georgia?
- How do I legally change names in Illinois?
- How do I legally change names in Michigan?
- How do I legally change names in New York
- How do I change names in North Carolina?
- How do I legally change names in Pennsylvania?
- How do I legally change names in Texas?
- Choose Your Kit
- Printed & posted Receive all your name change documents by mail. Delivery in 5 days
- Matching envelopes
- Sent by email
- Easy Name Change Guide Our name change guide steps you though the process and explains the law. You won't be left guessing about anything!
- Government forms Over 200 government agencies. We help you complete all the forms
- Company forms If any selected companies have a special form we provide it and help you complete it
- Ready to send letters Letters are created in your name and contain your name change info. All you need to do is sign, add any listed documents, and post!
- Ready to send faxes Faxes are created in your name and contain your name change info. All you need to do is sign, add any listed documents, and fax!
- Over 1000 companies We've researched the name change procedure for over 1000 American organizations. Find out exactly what you need to do with each company, and receive any corresponding name change paprerwork.
- Personalized checklist
- Money back guarantee Not happy for any reason? Expect a full refund within 60 days.
- Print & Post