TD Bank customers can visit any bank location in person to have their name updated. You’ll don’t need to show updated photo ID, but it’s recommended you follow a special order for your name change so that you minimize the chance of rejection or other issues. Follow these steps to the smoothest name change.
- Buy an Easy Name Change kit. While this is optional, you’ll end up saving weeks! No need to waste hours on research or wait for forms to be sent. No figuring out what goes where, completing forms or writing letters and emails.
- Complete the name change form for the SSA. It’s best to file in person. The form can be mailed in with original identification documents, but these can take weeks to be returned. Choose SSA from our list of companies to get the name change form completed for you and provided in your pack.
- Wait a few days for the SSA name change to be visible to other agencies then attend your state DMV. We provide the form if your state has one! We also explain duplicate fees and what other documents may be required
- Attend TD bank in person. Take photo ID (updated ID is preferred). Also take any bank ATM or credit cards and original proof of name change (marriage certificate, divorce decree, name change order).
- The rest. This is actually the most time-consuming because each company is different. No need to call each one to research the procedure. We’ve done all the research for you! Follow our instructions to send in the form, letter or email. Just sign, add your proof of name change and send! For places where you can’t send in a notification, we explain where to send your proof of name change or how to update your settings online.
We’re so sure our name change notification kits will save you hours that we will refund your money if you’re unhappy for any reason!