YOLO Federal Credit Union

Banking Name Change Procedure

Updating your name with Yolo Federal Credit Union? There’s a certain order to your name change, so follow the steps below:

  • Get proof of your name change. If you are taking your spouse’s surname you only need your marriage certificate. Show your divorce order if you are reverting to your former name. Changes for any other reason require a legal name change.
  • Got more than 5 companies to notify? Then save yourself 8 hours with an Easy Name Change kit. Get step-by-step name change instructions plus all corresponding paperwork. Simply attach your proof of name change and send!

See how much time we can save you!

1 Select companies   2 Complete forms  3 Sign & send!
  • Visit Social Security in person to file the name change form we provide. Allow 2-3 days for the change to be visible to other agencies.
  • Attend your state DMV in person with your original proof of name change and evidence of your name being changed with the SSA.
  • Attend any Yolo branch in person. Most financial institutions need you to go in person so they can sight your proof of name change and updated photo ID. Checkbooks and bank plastic cards can be updated at the same time.
  • Set aside 10 minutes to send off all other name change notifications: utilities, credit cards, insurance policies, rewards clubs, professional associations and more. These notifications come in all Easy Name Change kits, otherwise set aside 20 minutes per company to contact each organization directly and learn their process, look for forms and complete paperwork. Customers managing their own name change should set aside about 6 to 8 hours for all remaining changes.

Want to manage your own name change?

If you don’t want to use an Easy Name Change kit then you’ll need to set aside many hours to do your own research and process paperwork. Use our customized checklist builder to find out which organizations you need to notify. It’s totally free and a great way to keep on top of your progress.


Ready to change your name now?