Once you have your marriage, divorce or legal name change certificate, get ready to tell the world about your new name!! There’s no ‘central register’ of names – simply reach out to the 20 to 40+ organizations where you have an account, ID or membership and request your name is updated!
Want to save 8 hours?
Don’t feel like wasting hours on hold with each company to learn their name change process? Hate filling in tedious forms? Get all personalized notifications in under 10 minutes! We also provide fully researched company instructions. Just sign and send!
On a budget? Use our FREE checklist!
Know which places to notify and keep track of your progress with our beautifully created and personalized checklist. Best of all, it’s totally FREE! We have over 750 Canadian organizations broken down into 16 different categories, so it’s easy to navigate and choose which companies to add to your to-do list. We recommend allowing 20 minutes per company, so 24 companies would take 8 hours of administration.
Which companies do I need to notify?
Hold onto your hat! Our average customer has 24 separate organizations they need to notify, but you may have anywhere from 10 to over 50 companies. It’s important you get your name consistently changed everywhere reasonably quickly, then you won’t have issues verifying your identity. We have all popular Canadian organizations in our database. Here’s an idea of just how many organizations we cover!
- Social insurance
- Provincial health care
- Driver’s license
- Car registration
- Canadian Revenue Agency
- Citizenship certificate or PR card replacement
- Electoral Roll
- Utilities (gas, power, water)
- Communications (home phone, cell phone, internet, pay TV)
- Bank accounts (savings, checking)
- Loans (mortgage, car, personal, student)
- Credit cards and store cards
- Property title/tax (for property owners)
- Landlord (for renters)
- Investments (stocks, trading and investment accounts)
- Retirement (retirement plans, pension accounts)
- Insurance (home, car, life, health, income protection)
- Loyalty programs (frequent flyer, travel and shopping rewards)
- Professional memberships (CPA, nursing, teachers, lawyers)
- Sports clubs
- Your employer (email, business cards, directory listings, insurance, pension)
- Your children’s school
- Update your will! Marriage voids a prior will.
- Social networks (Facebook, LinkedIn)
- Online (ebay, PayPal, Amazon)