US Bank Accounts

Banking Name Change Procedure

If you have a US Bank checking or savings account, you should attend any US Bank branch in person to change names. Take both your original proof of name change (eg: marriage certificate, court order or divorce decree) and updated state or government photo ID.
Chances are you’ll have over 20 different organizations to notify. As with all name changes, start by sending in the SSA name change form, provided in your Easy Name Change kit. You can file your SSA name change in person or by mail. Easy Name Change provides ready to send forms, letters and emails plus detailed filing instructions for over 1,000 organizations.

See how much time we can save you!

1 Select companies   2 Complete forms  3 Sign & send!

Once you have proof your name has been changed with the SSA, attend your state DMV in person to change your driver or non-driver ID card. If your state has a form we provide it for you. Wait for your photo ID to be reissued then go onto change names everywhere else.
Click the button below to get started. Browse our database to choose your phone & internet provider, utilities, insurance, shopping and travel rewards! Get detailed instructions so you don’t need to waste time contacting each company. We also provide ready to send forms, letters and emails where your name change can be sent in writing.

Ready to change your name now?