Norwich & Peterborough Building Society

Norwich & Peterborough Building Society Name Change Procedure

If you hold a current or savings account with Norwich & Peterborough Building Society you should update your account information as soon as possible after your name change.

If you have legally changed names by deed poll, you must inform Norwich & Peterborough Building Society immediately. If you’re changing your name after marriage, divorce or separation you are still legally entitled to be known by either your birth or married name, however it is always recommended your bank account records match your current identification, such as your driving licence or passport. We always recommend updating bank records as soon as practical after updating your photo ID.

When changing names, each organisation sets their own procedure as to what evidence they need to see and what steps you should follow. Institutions such as Norwich & Peterborough Building Society set more stringent requirements to document your name change because they hold your funds and can allow you to access credit. Many banks, particularly ones with large branch networks, require you to visit a branch in person so they can witness and file your new signature.

If you want to know how to change names with Norwich & Peterborough Building Society we can give you all the information you need, no need to wait on hold to find out yourself. If you need to send a letter, fax or form we’ll provide it for you. If you need to update your insurance, ISP, phone and other records click the button below and select which companies you need, then we’ll provide you with all the procedures and any corresponding forms and paperwork.

Ready to change your name now?