Sainsbury’s Name Change Procedure

If you hold a policy with Sainsbury’s you should update the name on your policy soon after updating your driving licence. It’s important the name on your licence matches the name on your policy, so that if you ever need to make a claim it is not held up.

If you have changed your name by deed poll you should notify Sainsbury’s immediately as you are not allowed to be known by your former name once your deed poll has been signed. If you are changing names after marriage divorce or separation you should aim to have your licence updated first, then other accounts, such as Sainsbury’s, banks, utilities, your phone company and credit cards soon after.

The number to call depends on when you took out your policy and who the underwriters are. We provide the contact details for all policy types and a personalised name change notification letter. 

Ready to change your name now?