University of Sydney Alumni

Universities Name Change Procedure

At the University of Sydney, changing your name can vary in complexity depending on your circumstances. If you’re a current student, the process is a little more complicated as you’ll need to provide legal evidence of your name change to the student administration. Additionally, if you’re due to graduate, there may be cut-off dates for accepting a change of name. However, if you’re a former student, the procedure is much more relaxed.

See how much time we can save you!

1 Select companies   2 Complete forms  3 Sign & send!

It’s important for current students to take action promptly because the University of Sydney generally won’t reissue graduation certificates under a different name from what you graduated with. Former students only need to present their degree or graduation papers along with their birth, marriage or legal name change certificate, depending on the reason for the name change.

If your university has a specific form for current students or alumni, we already have it on file. As you’ll likely need to update a number of other companies, such as insurance, utilities, identification, and superannuation, we can help you save time and effort. Our name change kits come complete with pre-addressed and ready to send letters and emails in your name. In many cases, it’s as simple as signing your old and new names and enclosing your marriage or name change certificate.

If any organisations have their own name change form, including the University of Sydney Alumni, we’ll provide it for you. Creating our name change kit takes just 15 minutes, and it’s delivered within minutes of payment, so don’t waste any more time doing your own research. Get started now!


Ready to change your name now?