Name Change Information
Answers to the most common name change questions
How does name change work?
There's two parts to changing names, first, you need to get a legal document that proves your old and new names. Then you must inform government departments and other organisations and get all your records changed into your new name. We can help notify organisations of your new name, cutting out hours of research and waiting on hold.
What proof do I need?
The document used to prove your new name will be your marriage, divorce or a legal name change certificate. We can supply the application forms as part of our kits. Follow the links for more information on how to get and use these documents.
How do I update my ID, accounts and other records?
Once you have your name change document, it's up to you to get all your records, ID and memberships moved into your new name. It's recommended you get this all done at the same time as complications may arise if you have different names. All Australians need to change names with Medicare, the ATO, the AEC, plus driver's licenses and passports.
Need more information?
Name change for non-citizens, certified documents, living between 2 countries and more - check our articles to the right. We have heaps of free and hard to find information covering all aspects of name change.
Ready to change names now?
Got all the info you need? Then either apply for your certificate or start updating all your records. Our kit provides all the information you need to change names. We guarantee you'll save hours or your money back.
- Choose Your Kit
- Printed & posted Receive all your name change documents by mail. Delivery particulary within 5-8 days
- Matching envelopes
- Sent by email
- Easy Name Change Guide Our name change guide steps you though the process and explains the law. You won't be left guessing about anything!
- Government forms All Australian state, territory and national forms. Over 50 listings.
- Company forms If any selected companies have a special form we provide it.
- Ready to send letters Letters are created in your name and contain your name change info. All you need to do is sign, add any listed documents, and post!
- Ready to send faxes Faxes are created in your name and contain your name change info. All you need to do is sign, add any listed documents, and fax!
- Over 500 companies We've researched the name change procedure for over 500 Australian organisations. Find out exactly what you need to do with each company, and receive any corresponding name change paprerwork.
- Personalised checklist
- Money back guarantee Not happy for any reason? Expect a full refund within 60 days.
- Print & Post