All the Name Change Forms, Letters & Information you need in just 15 minutes

Marriage Name Change
Marriage Name Change
  • Changing Names after Marriage

    It's quite simple to change names after marriage.  All you need is your marriage certificate and an Easy Name Change personalised kit.

  • Marriage Certificate

    Marriage certificates should be ordered locally. This document is essential for changing names. You can order your first marriage certificate, multiple copies or reorder at any time.

  • How Soon Should I Change My Name?

    Whilst it is common for married name change to take place within a few months of a wedding, there is no legal time frame required.

Divorce Name Change
Divorce Name Change
  • How to Change Names After Divorce

    You're stuck with a name you don't want? Know what your options are to reclaim your former glory!

  • Reverting to Maiden Name

    You don't need to be divorced to revert to your maiden name.  You can be known by your maiden name at any time. We explain how.

Deed Poll
Legal Name Change
  • How to Change Names By Deed Poll

    A name other than your spouse's requires a deed poll. Once you have this document you must immediately notify all organisations of your new name. We help you do this quickly.

  • What is the deed poll cost?

    There are two parts to name change; getting your deed poll, then notifying all the organisations.  We explain the time and cost for both aspects.

  • Deed Poll via Solicitor

    Deed polls can be done by either a solicitor or a dedicated deed poll organisation.  We explain the pros and cons of using a solicitor to notarise your deed.

Name Change Checklist
Name Change Checklist
  • How to Change the Name in your Passport

    It's important the name in your passport is up to date. Full renewal fees are payable regardless of your situation. If changing names from marriage you have 2 options.

  • Changing Names with the DVLA

    Prioritise your driving licence immediately after changing your name.  Updated photo ID is required by some organisations as evidence of your new name.

  • HMRC Name Change

    Notify HMRC of your new name as soon as possible. Do it online or use our ready to send letters. Make this one of the first organisations you notify.


Married? Divorced? Legally changing names?

Whatever your reason for changing names, we save you hours.

Some companies may need you to visit a branch, send a letter, a fax, call in or complete a form. Whatever the procedure, we tell you in detail and provide any corresponding paperwork. No guess work, no research required.

Select from hundreds of organisations, including government agencies, banks, communications providers, loyalty clubs and more. And if you're not happy for any reason, expect a full refund.

Our site is packed full of information about name change after marriage, how to legally change names by deed poll, changing surnames, applying for your marriage certificate and more. We're sure to have the name change information you need.